If there's any day in the year to break your already weak-willed New Year's Resolution it's Super Bowl Sunday. In a perfect world I said no to all the junk food so readily available to me that day AND I'll even say that I hit the gym, but in reality I became a bottomless pit.On the bright side, I made Chicken Enchilada Puffs! This is first recipe that I tried from Pinterest and the first recipe that was a complete success. No unexplicable mess, no "let's just throw this away and order pizza" syndrome, and I didn't even burn anything! Some of you think I'm kidding about the burning part, but I almost did burn the house down once. I'll save the "I didn't know garlic bread could catch on fire" story for another time though. For now I'll give you a play-by-play on how to make these delicious snacks.
Ingredients:
- Jumbo Crescent Rolls. [1 package makes 16]
- 1/2 cup of shredded chicken
- 2 tsp of taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and have a cookie sheet ready
- Mix shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning in a bowl
- Throw the cream cheese and shredded cheese together in a bowl and into the microwave to soften for 30-40 seconds
- Mix the shredded cheese & cream cheese with the chicken
- Spread jumbo crescent rolls out onto a pan and cut each triangle into 2 triangles (the picture explains it better)
- Scoop 1 tsp of the chicken and place into each roll
- Pull outer corners in toward chicken mixture and enclose the filling
- Bake until golden brown
As I made them the second and third time I started changing things around a little, but you can find the original recipe here: Chicken Enchilada Puffs
No comments:
Post a Comment